OCTOBER WONDERFEST SERIES!
OCTOBER WONDERFEST SERIES!
Thanks to the wonderful April Snow of “Lookin’ for Trouble” blues band, Wonder Women is going to LA this Sunday! Check out www.wonderwomenla.com!
Let’s Make Good Productions also has its WonderFest Series going on this month:
LMG is heading to Edmonton in August!!
Join these lovely Wonder Women talents in Vancouver at Cafe Deux Soliels!
You’ll hear beautiful original music by:
Check out our page for more information about their music!
Here are the artists!
AlissaVoxRaw.com - singer/songwriter/looper
ArlenePaculan.com - singer/songwriter
Ashley Martinez - singer/songwriter
Brendan Albert - singer/songwriter
CandiceSand.com - singer/songwriter
DanCurtisThompson.com - spoken word artist/actor/singer
Emilia Nowicki - dancer
Emily MacLeod - singer/songwriter
ErnieVicente.com - comedian
HeatherBrissenden.com - singer/songwriter
KatLeonard.com - singer/songwriter
Madette - singer/songwriter
RositaStone.com - singer/songwriter
SarahJeanVilla.com - singer/songwriter
The Four Winds Collective - singer/songwriters
(Arlene Paculan, HeatherHill.ca, Kat Leonard, MeghanMorrison.com)
Matt Zadkovich (zaddy.ca) - singer/songwriter
DorothyKnight.com - visual artist
Rohan Moore - visual artist
StephaniePayne.tumblr.com - visual artist
Lisa Diane - face painter
Niki Andre www.sheilluminatesit.com
Who likes the idea of Spreading Empowering Through Art?
That’s what we’re all about and we would like YOU to participate and help us do so on Sunday April 6th, 2014 in Toronto! (NEW EVENT DATE - we apologize for the change, it was out of our control) Check out the details below:
There are many things that mark the end of summer and the Scotiabank Buskerfest in support of Epilepsy Toronto is one of them. The four day festival which runs starting today until Sunday brings buskers with unbelievable talents to Toronto to perform for a group on lookers who are literally left in awe by the end of their performance.
This year the festival will take over Yonge Street between Queen and College. The move from St. Lawrence Market will add 0.45 km to the festival route. This move can be perceived a good and bad thing, check out my #ThrowbackThursday post I did when the move was announced for more.
However, this post is dedicated to the event, so let’s talk highlights shall we. As always there are a number of returning buskers that will grace the streets of Toronto with their amazing and odd talents. However, there are also a number of new buskers coming to perform for the first time. Below I have complied a list of the top 5 new buskers I’m excited to see.
- Kohel Mitz: Yoyo Guy. Let’s be honest everyone is amused by yoyo’s, even if their popularity has died down since the 90’s.
- Lisa Lottie: Bend it like Barbie. Yes she’s blonde and a world class Hula Hoopist. Another popular 90’s trend! I think I smell a theme.
- The Saw Player Tree: I read the description for this busker on the Scotiabank Buskerfest website and I think you need to see the picture chosen to actually understand and get the full perspective of how amazing this act will be.
- Twisted Designs: Monster balloons who hand out bubbles and balloons in exchange for hugs! What’s not to love about this!
- Alissa Vox Row: This talented musician finds new and creative ways to express old a capella styles with a loop station and her voice.
Those are the five new acts I am excited to see, but if you want to learn more about the event and read about past acts then click the link below to read the original Scotiabank Buskerfest post and make sure to check out the event at its new home starting today until Sunday!
Wonder Woman Alissa Vox Raw is featured at BuskerFest this weekend! Hope you got a chance to see her! Here’s here website for another gander! http://alissavoxraw.com/
Oh look! More WonderFest-West moments in .jpg form!
1. IM Brown 2. Charlene 3. Patrick 4. SoJay 5. Ernie 6. Alissa 7. James and Adam 8. A dance jam with Heather! 9. All us all… Or most of! :)